My trainer only had one slot available this week and it was at 6am. 😫 I really needed to get a session in and so, I thought, “okay, Robin. Go for it. Maybe, this will be the start of something new? Maybe, you’ll become a morning person. I mean my trainer does it all the time, she could be on to something.”
Uh, Nope. Definitely not. My trainer showed up this AM with a smile plastered on her face and a coffee in hand. She turned up the jams and was ready to go. I, on the other hand, wanted to crawl back under my covers and hide until tomorrow when I would start my day at a reasonable hour. I mean the workout was great, but like, never ever doing that again. My trainer does this everyday? She’s insane. I’m in such a mood right now because of my early alarm that I started thinking about people that irk me. (At the moment, my early-bird-gets-the-worm trainer is one of them – even though I love her.) You know that cynical saying, don’t trust people who are happy all the time? I’m like, don’t trust the people who workout before the sun is up.
Let me have a little fun with this –
Here’s my people I don’t “trust” list:
- Obvi – Morning people (or the ones who go to bed at 8pm)
- Don’t drink coffee in the morning (What the f*ck is their secret? Honestly, don’t care!)
- Like Starbucks (Most disgusting coffee I’ve ever had.)
- Don’t like dogs
- Wash, dry, fold & put away their laundry in the same day (Straight up psychopaths.)
- Put the toilet paper on backwards (I’ll never understand you.)
- Don’t cuss (You’re thinking it. Just say it already!)
- Like to read
- Prefer phone calls over text messages (You better be dying.)
- Like peas 🤮
- Always have a cleared out inbox
- Decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving (We can’t be friends if your tree is up right after Halloween.)
- Enjoy living in cold weather
- Cry on their kids first day of school (I love my kids but never once have I been sad to send em off to school.)
- Don’t like to exercise
- Always blow dry their hair after washing
Okay, you get the point. I prob have a few more…
But as I wrote this list, I started thinking – am I labeling people? Maybe, I am or maybe, I’m just not in alignment with these people. These habits and characteristics are what make each and every one of us unique as hell. That is pretty damn special. If we all got along or all liked the very same things, wouldn’t that just be… weird? I think so. It’s amazing that we humans have the ability to have these likes and dislikes. You are never ever going to align with every single person around you. You are never ever going to please everyone. That doesn’t mean you can be cruel to that person, but it also doesn’t mean you guys have to be BFFs or even acquaintances. You can either figure out what commonalities you have and accept each other as the incredible humans you both are or you each find your tribes elsewhere. It’s so cool how different we all are.
And there are billions of people in this world, so it’s more than okay to not jive with a few of them.
Stop labeling. Stop judging. Accept uniqueness. Just as you are learning to accept yourself quirks and all, you should be able to lend that support to another. It’s a crazy world out there. Embrace all imperfection, yours and others, because our ability to be perfectly imperfect is what makes us all unique. If you’re a celery juice person and don’t drink coffee, no, I definitely don’t “get” you, but I love you just the same. Pinky promise.