Have you ever had someone tell you to “just be yourself?”
Maybe, you were with your best gals and getting ready to meet a new date for the first time.
Just be yourself. He’ll love you!
Maybe, it was before a big pitch to your boss and a coworker wanted to ease your nerves.
You are the selling point, friend! Just be yourself.
Maybe, a relative pushed you to meet new people in a new place.
Just be yourself. What’s not to like?!
And you know what, totally good advice- you should always be yourself.
But what if you don’t really know who you are?
What if you have no clue who the person is staring back at you in the mirror?
You know it’s you by your hair, your eyes, your skin, but what’s underneath that?
What if you don’t know who that person is?
What if for as long as you can remember you’ve just gone along with what everyone else was doing? What if you let social media be your guideline for your reality?
Are you living your truth or Instagram’s?
No shade, girl. None.
In the age of the tiny squares and 30 second video, it is SO hard to know what’s truly yours
and what you’ve just accepted as your truth.
Here’s a list of 30 questions that you can begin to ask yourself to slowly find out who exactly you are and what your value deep beneath the surface truly is. Read each question and really think about them – what are you hiding or holding back? What’s stopping you from letting your true self free?
- If you could picture your BEST day, what would that look like?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Who inspires you the MOST? Why?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What is one thing that makes you smile?
- Do you like to read or do you prefer to listen or watch TV?
- Tea or coffee?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What personality traits do you dislike the most?
- What are you willing to suffer for in hopes of change or success?
- What are 5 things that you are grateful for?
- Do you prefer listening or speaking?
- If I granted you 1 wish and you could have it no matter what, what would you choose?
- What are your current life goals?
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
- Are you more laid back and easy going when it comes to work or do you thrive in the hustle?
- What motivates you?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What are you most proud of?
- Do you enjoy getting outdoors and exploring or are you more into staying in?
- What issues do you see in the world and what is something you would love to see change?
- What knowledge do you carry that could help change someone else’s life?
- In regards to your appearance, what do you love the most?
- Do you have kids? Do you want to one day have children?
- Do you thrive with a spouse or would you rather be on your own?
- If you could go back in time, is there anything you would you do differently?
- If you could speak to your 5 year old self, what would you tell him/her?
- Do you feel the weight of societal pressure? In what way?
- Has that pressure caused you to hold back in any areas of your life?
- If you could be anything no matter of cost, time, thoughts of those around you, what/who would you be? Where would you live? What would you do every day? What friends/people would you spend time with?
Write down your answers as they come. Don’t over think you what you wrote. Give yourself time and space to breathe after finishing the list. Go back to the answers later and read them aloud to yourself. Let your own responses sink in. Is this person on paper the same as the person looking back at you in the mirror?
Let’s chat about it. Comment below or give me a shout. It’s time you start believing that just being yourself is exactly the right move.❤